Monday, February 20, 2012

Juggling It All!

It seems we all multitask these days. We try to keep up with the demands of work, our households, our family and friends, and the many activities that round out our lives. We do our best to maintain some sort of balance in managing our tasks, satisfying our responsibilities, and fulfilling our desires. But even if we try to keep things simple, life happens. And oftentimes everyone seems to need us RIGHT NOW.

When those times kick in, I actually become calm, organized and efficient. I plow through the issues that need resolution, knocking them down one by one. I've learned that the more I can keep emotion out of the tasks at hand, the better I am at dealing with the overall issues. I may fall apart later, but that's okay.

That said, in recent years I've found that if circumstances don't permit me to have blocks of time so that I can lose myself in my Heaven's Wait project, I get cranky, snappy, impatient--not what anyone who knows me would expect of me. 

Heaven's Wait has allowed me to submerge myself in a different world, a world of my own making, and I am a much better person because I have that world as a back up. The project is a juggling act in itself, with its own set of self-imposed tasks and responsibilities. There's the writing, the music, the artwork, the blog, the website, the business responsibility, the marketing, and the growing stream of correspondence. But there are also the joys, the discoveries, the side adventures, the personal challenges, and the potential to make a difference, even if for a relatively small audience.

So I'll continue to squeeze Heaven's Wait into odd moments in my life. The creative process will likely continue at a snail's pace, but as long as I have my occasional "moments" to immerse myself in the fantasy world that I created, I'll be satisfied and endlessly inspired. I can't wait to see what lies at the end of my Heaven's Wait journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment