Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Adults Who Like Young Adult Fiction!

I'm discovering that my writing may appeal to a broader audience than I originally thought. Are you an adult who is drawn to young adult fiction series like Hunger Games, Twilight, Harry Potter, and Divergent? What is intriguing about them? The storyline or the young characters? Do you like the escape into a different world, or do you still see yourself traveling a young person's path? I'd love to know your thoughts. Please comment here!

2 comments:

  1. Why YA books?!?! Hmmm, that's a good question. I teach middle school, so originally the motivation was work related, but I quickly realized how great these books are. Why? It's hard to put into words. I guess looking at the world from a place where I've been (teen years) and seeing it from another perspective (I'm in my 40s now). The characters are real...authentic...and looking to figure out themselves or the world around them. Some of my favorites include those you listed above AND...Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. The Fault in Our Stars, Winger, The Impossible Knife of Memory and The Summer of Letting Go. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The characters are real...authentic...and looking to figure out themselves or the world around them." I think you hit the nail on the head, Michelle. We're all still doing that to some extent, aren't we? Thanks so much for commenting.

      Delete