Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays with your loved ones. I am so grateful for the lovely time I had with my family on Christmas Day. As I had hoped, we did play a little game after dinner where two questions were presented to everyone: what is your favorite time of day? and what is your favorite comfort food? After everyone wrote their answers on slips of paper, I collected them and read them off so everyone could list them on a separate piece of paper. They then wrote their guesses of who belonged to each pair of answers.

The answers were as fun to hear as they were enlightening. Some people were easy to guess because their answers were so obvious, but others were more difficult because we've never shared such information before now. When we were done guessing, everyone had to elaborate on their time-of-day selection. The answers were fascinating. My mom, especially, loved learning more about her family and couldn't wait to share her list with her home care giver the next day. My sons had a later conversation about what really qualifies as comfort food to them. And I started an Excel file on the family with a tab for each person. As time goes on, we'll continue the game, asking different questions during each session. It will be an easy way to record their behind-the-scenes stories and enjoy some family fun in the meantime.

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment