Monday, May 28, 2012

What? State of CA Finally Comes Through?

Surprise, surprise! After four months of waiting (7 months since the initial filing), the State finally approved the documents that will allow me to establish a Heaven's Wait business entity and open the little online store on HW's website. I hadn't asked for much . . . just to establish an LLC, so I could obtain a business license and open a bank account. I had done my part by filing in a timely manner and committing to the annual LLC tax. The State was the one that made the process drag on and on by failing to keep enough staff at the job of processing applications. I'll never understand the logic, considering the fact that business entity tax and sales tax income would be generated for the State if it simply processed applications in a timely manner.

Oh well, it's time to move on. Now I can take care of the other bureaucratic details and offer a few Heaven's Wait keepsake items to those who are interested. I've been away from the product development side of my project for so many months that I'll have to spend some time revisiting the items I've created, my marketing plan, and the operation of the website. Markets and technology have changed in those few months, and I need to reevaluate my position with them.

My characters are looking forward to their exposure to the real world. The Drippils, especially, are waiting in the wings to share their simple fun and silliness with the tiny earthly members of your family, while the Vowellans are eager to share their specialty goods with those of you who enjoy all things Heaven Wait.

Though I wasn't able to open the HW Store this past winter, as originally planned, I will get it up and running as soon as I possibly can. This turtle may plug along at a pace much slower than I'd like, but you must agree that my persistence prevails. Thanks for your continued interest.

Happy Holiday! And thanks to all who sacrificed for our country!


No comments:

Post a Comment